Monday, January 17, 2011

#9 - Mega Man



Mega Man has always been one of my favorite game franchises. I am aware that this is almost entirely based on Nostalgia, but still. I've always liked the idea of the character and these games, but wondered why he didn't keep growing with modern gaming. That being said whenever I think of Mega Man, I always forget how hard, and kind of not awesome this first one is. I still enjoy the game and gameplay, it's just a little bit of a pain in the ass. I guess in my brain I always imagine the series starting at two... It's not that this game is bad, it's just not as good as I remember. It's hard to say what I'm not crazy about in this game. I guess maybe it's that I know there's much better to come, and that feels like me slighting this game a bit, but as I'm playing I feel more like I'm going through the motions than anything else. I mean, I like all the bosses, and their respective levels are fun enough, but the gameplay just isn't varied enough.

If you've never played it, it's kind of a classic and I feel like it's almost owed to be played, especially if you want to play them all or like the games to come. This is the birthplace of a lot of those great gaming moments! I guess I'm just having trouble getting excited about it is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment